Foreign Currency Account
- One passbook involves the various foreign currency deposit.
- One passbook recording the account balance and details of transactions in original foreign currency.
- Several options to credit to accounts: e.g. credit to account by inward remittance abroad or by money exchange.
- One passbook containing current & time deposit accounts. Certificate of deposit is not required (at your choice) for easier record keeping.
- Time deposit account is automatically renewed upon maturity for your convenience.
Foreign individual applies in person to our foreign exchange branches with the Alien Resident Certificate and a second identity document, or alternatively with a legal entry permit or foreign passport with a valid entry stamp and taxpayer ID.
Minimum Amount Bearing Interest for Current Account
|Currency||Minimum Amount||Currency||Minimum Amount|
Minimum Amount Bearing Interest for Time Deposit Account
USD 1,000 for USD account and the equivalent of USD 1,000 for all other currency accounts.